Excellence in Teaching Technology and Engineering
The Foundation for Technology and Engineering Educators in cooperation with Pitsco/Hearlihy & Company proudly announces the $2,000 Pitsco/Hearlihy/FTEE Grant in honor of Tom and Mary Hearlihy. The grant is for a technology and engineering teacher at any grade level (K-12). Its purpose is to recognize and encourage the integration of a quality technology and engineering education program within the school curriculum. Criteria include: (1) evidence of an effective quality technology and engineering education program, (2) documented success in the integration of technology and engineering education with other academic subjects, and (3) plans for professional development via the anticipated grant.
- Applicant must be an ITEEA member and register for the ITEEA Annual Conference.
(Membership may be enclosed with scholarship application).
- Applicant must be a teacher (elementary or secondary) who is successfully integrating technology and engineering education within the school curriculum. (Applicant above the elementary school level must be a technology/engineering teacher.)
- Applicant must attend the conference awards ceremony where award is presented.
Application and Deadline: Applicants must submit an application package, postmarked by December 1, that consists of four sets of the following required items:
- Letter of application with a clear explanation of: (a) the technology and engineering education program, (b) how technology and engineering education is integrated with other academic subjects, (c) plans for using the grant, and (d) identification details – school name, grade level, address, telephone, and home address.
- School-based curriculum materials and/or a 10-min. maximum video (mpeg, wmv, or avi) illustrating how technology and engineering education is integrated with other academic subjects in the school.
- Three recommendation letters that confirm the success of integrating technology and engineering education with other subjects. One letter must be from the principal and at least two must be from other academic teachers.
Foundation for Technology and Engineering Educators
1914 Association Drive, Suite 201
Reston, VA 20191-1539
703/860-2100, FAX 703/860-0353
Grant Presentation: The grant is provided directly to the teacher and will be presented during the ITEEA Annual Conference.
Click here to learn more about the grant on ITEEA’s website