To increase access to higher education and to promote careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), our friends at Edwards Lifesciences have established the Edwards Lifesciences Scholarship Program. Through this program, 10 Orange County, CA and Salt Lake County, UT high school seniors pursuing STEM bachelor’s degrees will be selected to receive a four-year scholarship totaling $10,000 ($2,500 per year) from Edwards Lifesciences Foundation. In addition, the scholarship recipients will have an opportunity to visit the campus in Irvine or Draper and apply for internship opportunities with the company.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a current high school senior who is a resident of Orange County, California or Salt Lake County, Utah
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university for the 2016-2017 academic year, pursuing a major in a STEM field
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Demonstrate financial need
- Note: Children of Edwards Lifesciences employees are eligible to apply
- March 1, 2016 – Scholarship application available for 2016 -2017 academic year
- April 11, 2016 – Application deadline
- May 23, 2016 – Scholarship recipients announced
- July 12, 2016 – Scholarship Award Ceremony at Edwards’ corporate headquarters in Irvine
- August 30, 2016 – First half of year one scholarship mailed to students ($1,250)
- December 15, 2016 – Second half of year one scholarship mailed to students ($1,250)
To learn more about the scholarship program, click here.