Congratulations to all of the winners of this year’s Speak Up prizes! And, thank you again to our wonderful partners for your ongoing generosity and support of Speak Up!
Speak Up District Leadership Grants – Project Tomorrow awarded District Leadership Grants – valued at $7,500 each – to three districts participating in Speak Up 2017:
- Brevard County School District – Florida
- Archdiocese of Newark – New Jersey
- Randolph County Schools – North Carolina
Parent Participation Leadership Awards – Every district with more than 1,000 completed parent surveys received one custom infographic and was entered to win $1000 in Speak Up consulting services.
- School City of Hammond – Indiana (infographic and consulting services)
- Poway Unified – California (infographic)
School Communications Recognition Award – Every district with at least one completed communications officer survey was entered to win $1000 in Speak Up consulting services.
- Florence Schools – Arizona
National and Regional Prizes for Schools and Districts
AASA, the School Superintendents Association, offered two complimentary registrations to their National Conference on Education.
- Tomball ISD – Texas
- Clinton City Schools – North Carolina
AASL, the American Association of School Librarians, offered a prize to one lucky school librarian.
- Jefferson County School District No. R-1 – Colorado
CoSN offered one of their online learning courses, Protecting Student Privacy in Connected Learning, to one district ($550 value). This 9-module self-study course offers 9 CEA Credits toward CETL® recertification.
iNACOL offered a one-year complimentary Institutional Membership to a school, but decided to award the memberships to FIVE lucky schools! This membership allows everyone within the school to become an iNACOL Member for the year giving them access to professional development resources, members-only forums and more. One school at each of the following districts won the memberships:
- Weslaco ISD – Texas
- Pennfield Schools – Michigan
- Portage Township Schools – Indiana
- Shelby County Schools – Alabama
- Tomball ISD – Texas
ISTE offered one complimentary registration to ISTE 2018, The Epicenter of Edtech, in Chicago, June 24-27, 2018.
- Poway Unified – California
ISTE also offered one complimentary individual basic membership.
- Arrowhead Union – Wisconsin
CETPA offered one complimentary registration to their 2019 conference in Anaheim.
- Solana Beach – California
CUE offered three complimentary 2018 conference registrations to their Spring 2018 National Conference (March 14-17, 2018 in Palm Springs).
- Tulare City School District – California
- Stanislaus County – California
- Tustin Unified School District – California
CUE offered one day of professional development with their Interim Executive Director, Jon Corippo, to one lucky California district.
- Fallbrook Union Elementary School District – California
CUE also offered one complimentary registration for a district leader to attend the Lead3 Symposium in San Francisco, April 12-14 2018.
- Salinas Union High School District – California
ICE-IN offered one complimentary registration to the 2018 ICE Conference (fall 2018).
- East Noble School Corporation – Indiana
MassCUE offered two complimentary registrations to their upcoming conferences.
- Belchertown Public Schools – Massachusetts
- Norton Public Schools – Massachusetts
METC offered two complimentary two-day registrations to their 2018 conference in St. Louis, February 12-14, 2018.
- Fox C-6 School District – Missouri
- Oakhill Day School – Missouri
Northwest Council for Computer Education (NCCE) offered two complimentary registrations for their February 2018 conference in Seattle, Washington.
- Issaquah School District – Washington
- Salem-Keizer School District 24J – Oregon
NETA offered one complimentary registration to their 2018 Spring Conference, April 18-20, 2018 in Omaha.
- Omaha Public Schools – Nebraska
TCEA offered two complimentary basic registrations to the TCEA Convention & Exposition.
- Canutillo ISD – Texas
- Lubbock-Cooper ISD – Texas
$250 Amazon gift card for classroom supplies for one teacher
- Teacher from Fayette County – Kentucky
$250 grant for one communications officer towards any 2018 professional conference of their choice
- Communications officer from Omak School District – Washington
$100 Amazon gift card for one communications officer
- Communications officer from Manchester Township School District – New Jersey
J.W. Alvey Elementary School
Second Place (Three Awards!)
Kingston Gardner – Franklin Road
Albert Rodriguez – Clovis East Ed. Center
Krystina Carrasco – Northwest Early College High School
Harding Elementary School
Northwest Early College High School (multiple entries; these are a sample)
Chaparral Elementary School
Marshall Elementary School
Design Challenge Finalists
Thanks to all who voted for our winning design. Congrats to Paloma!
Paloma Rodriguez, Northwest Early College High School
Matison LeBlanc, Morgan High School
Katelyn Moody, Trumbull Career and Technical Center