Happy Friday! Each week during the Speak Up survey period we will feature participating schools and districts who have gone above and beyond in promoting the survey within their communities. Follow our Speak Up School and District Spotlight series for ideas on how to spread the word about Speak Up to your students, parents, teachers, and community!
If so, be sure to take the survey by Dec. 18!
If you haven’t participated in Speak Up yet, be sure to take the survey by December 18th. Click here to take the survey or follow the link: bit.ly/SU15survey. Learn more about which survey you should take below:
Take the educator survey if you are a…
- Teacher, Librarian or Media Specialist
- Administrator, Tech leader, or Communications Officer
- School or district employee (but not a teacher or administrator)
Take the parent survey or padres de familia en español survey if you are a…
- Spanish speaking parent
Take the group survey if you are administering group surveys for…
- K-2 student group
- Grades 3-5 student group
- Parent group
- Parent Spanish group
- Community members group
If you do not fall into any of the above categories but are interested in sharing your thoughts and ideas, please select the community survey.
Once you’ve submitted your survey, share the following link with five friends and encourage them to take the survey: bit.ly/SU15survey
Word of mouth is the best way to spread the word! If you need help promoting Speak Up to your friends and colleagues, visit our promotional materials page for downloadable flyers, instructions, sample emails, and more.
With this year’s survey period opening in just a few days, now is the perfect time to kick your plans for Speak Up into high gear! We’ve created a welcome packet with shortened versions of our promotional materials in case you need quick and simple ideas for promoting the survey. This virtual packet includes general information about Speak Up, instructions, ideas for how you can use your data, sample flyers, and more.
For your convenience, we’ve included both a PDF version and an editable Microsoft Word document version of the packet – feel free to make any changes to the text. We hope this helps you prepare for this year’s survey! Click on the link or image below to download the welcome packet.
Display our Speak Up 2015 badges and animated banners on your school website and emails to spread the word about the survey. Add the participant badge to your email signature, class website, blog posts, and more to proudly show others that you’re speaking up! Click here to download your Speak Up 2015 participant badge, or click on the image below.
How are you spreading the word about this year’s survey to your school(s)? Let us know in the comments section below!
With 50% of schools across the nation starting school this month, we’ve updated our Speak Up 2015 promotional materials to help spread the word about our survey! Start the school year strong by encouraging school and district participation in the annual Speak Up survey – download our welcome packet, flyers to post up around school, sample emails, sample tweets, and more. Click on our sample flyer below, or visit http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/promo.html to download the materials.
- Go to this link: http://www.bit.ly/SU15survey
- Click on the appropriate survey (Student, Educator, Parent, Community member).
- Follow the given instructions to access the survey. Begin by entering your school zip or clicking on the drop down button and select your state, then go to the next line and type in your school name to find your school.
- Students will choose their grade level and enter in their school specific password
- Parents and Educators will NOT need the password to access the survey.
With the new school year coming up in a few weeks, now is the perfect time to start planning your Speak Up survey promotion to your school(s). Get the word out about the annual survey through our sample tweets. Feel free to post these on your school or district’s twitter account before and during the survey period, and feel free to change the text as needed.
Before October 1st
- Our school/district has registered to be a part of a nationwide conversation about #edtech – join in today: http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- Join us & the 4mil students, parents, teachers, and admins who have participated in Speak Up since ’03! Register now: http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- We are excited to participate in this year’s #SpeakUpsurvey! Learn all about the survey before it opens on 10/1: http://bit.ly/SUhome
- 75% of students say mobile devices are important. What do our students think? Get involved with the #SpeakUpsurvey at http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- Our school/district just registered for Speak Up! Join the conversation about the role of technology in & out of school: http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- Speak Up surveys are available 10/1 through 12/18! Make your voice heard about education and technology! http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- Parents, to learn more about Speak Up before participating in this nationwide educational survey, see this FAQ page: http://bit.ly/PUS23q
- Take the Speak Up survey to ensure your voice is heard! http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- School/district your participation in Speak Up is important! Help us collect valuable data @ http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- Let’s be a part of the thousands around the country who are speaking up to decision-makers about 21st century learning: http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- Only a few more days until Speak Up 2015 is over! Get your survey in before 12/18 to make sure your voice is heard! http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- Need a last min activity before winter break? Dedicate 15min to the #SpeakUpsurvey! http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- Speak Up about issues regarding the use of new technology such as mobile devices and tablets in schools: http://bit.ly/SU15survey
- Don’t forget to submit your Speak Up surveys before winter break begins! Visit http://bit.ly/SU15survey to share your thoughts.
- Last call for surveys! Submit your Speak Up surveys by 12/18 to ensure your voice is heard: http://bit.ly/SU15survey
Have you already registered for Speak Up 2015? Get a head start before surveys open on October 1st by spreading the word to your stakeholders! Download our general flyer by clicking here or clicking on the image below.
The final week of Speak Up is here! Do you need help encouraging participation in your school or district? Try sending out these short emails before the survey closes this Friday, December 19th. Feel free to change the text to better fit your school or district’s needs.
Start learning about the aspirations of your district at http://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2014/. Speak Up 2014 is open for input through Friday, December 19th, 2014, with survey data released in February 2015.
This fun, colorful flyer is a great outreach tool to get more of your schools involved in Speak Up. It provides general information about the survey, survey links, and dates with a list of topics and why to participate. Use this as a supplemental attachment to your encouragement emails, promotional flyer handout or as an image on your website. Click on the image below to download the flyer on our website: