Project Tomorrow (www.tomorrow.org) is a national education nonprofit organization based in Irvine CA. We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to join our team as Program Manager for our Tomorrow’s Teachers Initiative.
The vision of Project Tomorrow is to ensure that today’s students are well prepared to be tomorrow’s innovators, leaders and engaged citizens of the world. We approach our mission through national research projects, programs that support students’ interests in the teaching and STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields, online tools and resources for students, teachers, and parents, and national and regional advocacy efforts.
This Program Manager position will be responsible for the management of two initiatives: the nationally recognized YouthTEACH2Learn (YT2L) school based program and the California Future Educators Association (CFEA) extracurricular clubs. YT2L is a high-impact school program that provides high school students with the opportunity to explore teaching as a career through a specially designed curriculum and classroom teaching experiences (http://www.tomorrow.org/programs/yt2l.html). CFEA fosters the recruitment and development of a new generation of prospective educators through the establishment of high school clubs to support students’ interest in careers in education (http://www.tomorrow.org/fea/).
The responsibilities of the Program Manager include the following:
- Manage all aspects of both the YT2L and CFEA programs including operations, communications, and curriculum and instruction.
- Maintain at least monthly communication with YT2L and CFEA teachers to identify program needs and provide support for implementation, such as coordinating student teaching experiences at partner elementary schools.
- Oversee professional development for YT2L and CFEA teachers to improve program implementation and teaching practices.
- Produce the annual CFEA state conference(s), including implementation of CFEA competitions aligned to national competitions.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the expansion of the CFEA chapters and YT2L program sites.
- Develop and implement a program evaluation for TTI initiatives.
- Provide regular communications to TTI constituents, including developing or identifying content, managing social media, and keeping related websites up to date for the portfolio programs.
The key attributes of this position include:
- Full time position located in our Irvine CA national headquarters office.
- Salary based upon experience and qualifications.
- Great working environment with a dedicated, enthusiastic team.
- Ability to start immediately.
We are seeking to interview candidates for this position with the following qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three years of successful non-profit program management experience. Preference is for experience in the K-12 education sector.
- Teaching experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with curriculum development and/or professional development is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the development and administration of work plans, budgets, and program evaluation.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks and deadlines in a high production atmosphere.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including public speaking.
- Experience in building relationships with a wide variety of individuals including teachers, principals, university faculty, students, nonprofit program managers, corporate community relations staff members and other community stakeholders.
- Strong technology skills, including experience with digital learning tools and content in an instructional setting.
- Superior organizational skills with strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Mature decision-making capabilities.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for our mission.
- Exemplary character qualities with strong ethics.
- If you meet the stated qualifications, please send a cover letter that explains why you are qualified for this position and your current salary requirements, a resume, and contact information for two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be contacted with our decision. Please use the email@example.com e-mail if you have any questions.
Project Tomorrow is an equal opportunity employer.