The Speak Up National Research Project collects and reports on the authentic, unfiltered views and opinions of K-12 students, parents and educators on critical 21st century education and technology issues. Since 2003, over 3.4 million K-12 education stakeholders have participated in the annual online surveys. Data findings are shared each year with federal, state and local policymakers to inform education programs, policies and funding. Results will be available for participating schools and districts in February 2014. Speak Up is facilitated by Project Tomorrow® (www.tomorrow.org), a national education nonprofit organization.
Top 5 reasons why your district should participate in Speak Up 2014:
- Gain a better understanding of what our district’s technology needs are
- Learn about the aspirations for our teachers for using technology more effectively – and what is holding them back
- Find ways to improve school to home communications using new technology tools
- Make more informed funding decisions
- Ensure that our parents and students have a voice in national, state and local decisions about education.
To Speak Up, simply visit our official Speak Up 2014 page in order to register your district. Be sure to mark your calendars for our launch date, October 6th – you can do so with our invite here! Furthermore, check out our promotional materials page for tools to use to get your district on board and ready for Speak Up.