Have you already registered for Speak Up but need help spreading the word? Here’s one of our sample emails for you to send out to your school/district! Don’t forget to visit our website for our full list of promotional materials.
Subject: Collect valuable data for your school by participating in Speak Up 2014
Join the conversation about the use of technology for learning through Speak Up, a National Research Project. Since 2003, over 3.4 million K-12 education stakeholders have participated in the annual online surveys. Data findings are shared each year with federal, state and local policymakers to inform education programs, policies and funding.
Surveys will be open for input October 6th– December 19th, 2014 at: www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2014.
Get your schools involved! All schools in (DISTRICT NAME) are registered to participate in Speak Up. To help facilitate the Speak Up process at your school we recommend designating a primary contact that will be in charge of the promotion and encouragement of the survey at your school. By assigning a primary contact you will be able manage your school information and obtain free, online access to your school aggregated results with diocese, state and national comparisons starting on February 4, 2015.
To learn more about the benefits of assigning a primary contact and participating in Speak Up please go to: http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/MainContactInformation.html.
To register now, please follow these simple steps:
- Go to: http://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2014/Register.aspx
- Click on single school
- Enter in your school zip (or enter your state and then write in your school name). *
- Select your school from the list of schools
- Update your school profile information (contact name, email, and passwords). **
- Click submit!
- Start getting the word out about Speak Up at your school by going to out our promotional materials page at: http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/promo.html
* If your school does not come up by zip code or school look up, please contact the Speak Up Team at email@example.com. We may need to update the information in our system.
** Two school passwords are required: An organizational login password “admin password” (to view weekly survey counts and other important updates during the survey period) and a “student survey” password (secret word students will use to access the survey).