We need your help! Julie Evans is featured in two proposals for SXSWedu 2015’s Panel Picker, where educators can cast their votes for the most compelling ideas and ultimately shape the conference line-up. Voting ends on September 5th so make sure to give our sessions a “thumbs up” – you’ll need to create a SXSW username and password if you don’t already have one, but the process is simple and free! Check out the second session below:
Session two – Learning My Way: Anytime, Anywhere, Anyplace
Giving students 24/7 access to learning materials can dramatically improve education outcomes as proven in 40+ pilot projects. However, data shows that up to 30% of U.S. households have no access to high-speed broadband at home, and in some districts it’s as high as 70%. This causes many students to power down after school. We need a viable solution to address the gaps for those students without access. Learn about new mobile-centric solutions to enable safe and affordable 24/7 learning.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Communicate how mobile technologies of the future can solve and enhance a new learning experience to help ensure today’s students are well prepared to be tomorrow’s innovators, leaders and engaged citizens of the world.
- Start a conversation around new mobile-centric solutions to enable safe, affordable, and equitable 24/7 learning.
- Learn how 24/7 access to their learning materials gives students, teachers and tutors the ability to improve education outcomes – and what you can do to diminish the digital divide in your area.
Don’t forget – voting ends on September 5th!
We need your help! Julie Evans is featured in two proposals for SXSWedu 2015’s Panel Picker, where educators can cast their votes for the most compelling ideas and ultimately shape the conference line-up. Voting ends on September 5th so make sure to give our sessions a “thumbs up” – you’ll need to create a SXSW username and password if you don’t already have one, but the process is simple and free! Check out the first session below:
Session one – Paying it Forward: Leveraging Today’s Female Voices
This panel brings together female change agents intentionally gathered from across the ed tech space to examine the unique role women play at this nexus of education and technology. Research has demonstrated that the today’s young girls and women need role models in technology fields to develop self-efficacy in these fields. Whether you are examining how to further your own voice, grow your PLN, or mentor the next great generation of female ed tech leaders, this is a “must attend” conversation.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Exploration of the presence, role, and level of influence of female voices in education. While women have dominated the teaching profession for over the past century, the role of women as technology leaders within education is still emerging.
- Interactive dialogue between panelists and attendees to explore multiple paths to ed tech leadership, including through university doctoral work, school district leadership, lending thought influence to agencies, corporate America, and publications.
- Examination of the unique role women play at the intersection of education and technology. The experiences of this diverse panel of leaders will provide invaluable input into new best practices for supporting young girls and women in this field.
Don’t forget – you have until September 5th to give us a “thumbs up!”