-The Project Tomorrow Team
Why should you join FEA? The reasons are endless! Here are just a few…
#1. Competitive Events Program
Integrate projects within your Child Development and Education Careers curriculum and compete across the nation! Develop your students teamwork, decision-making, critical thinking, and leadership skills.
#2. Regional, State, and National Conferences
Allow students to network, share success stories, and collaborate with other chapters. Help your students develop personal, social, and leadership skills.
#3. Leadership Development Opportunities
Give students a chance to hold local, regional, state, and national officer positions that allow them the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and leadership experience.
#4. Academic and Career Training
FEA California’s partnerships with colleges and universities across the state allow students more access to college entrance information and career counseling.
#5. Prof. Development Opportunities
Career training by college professors, leadership trainings, and exposure to mentors within the field just to name a few…
#6. Low Cost
Chapters pay one low chapter fee that includes ALL services. There is no need to pay individual membership fees, conference fees, uniforms etc. The Chapter Fee covers it all!
#7. Advisor Training and Colaboration
FEA is a great place for teachers and academy coordinators to collaborate and share program ideas. FEA also provides training sessions for advisors so they can enhance their classrooms and schools.
#8. Curriculum Integration
FEA’s competitive events are aligned with California CTE and academic standards providing a great opportunity to orchestrate engaging projects in a competitive environment.
#9. Community Service Opportunities
Allows more students the opportunity to get involved in the community and build community awareness that will help develop them as humanitarians and role models within their communities.
#10. YouthTEACH2Learn Curriculum
FEA members have access to an assortment of YouthTEACH2Learn lesson plans and activities that are great to use in class or during chapter meetings.
To learn more about FEA and other Project Tomorrow programs visit us at www.tomorrow.org.
Benefits of the program:
- Opportunity for high school teacher to earn $10 per student in the program to be spent at will
- Encourages career exploration and develops professional skills
- Increases elementary students’ interest in science and math at an early age.
- Provides elementary school teachers with enhanced science or math lessons and encouragement to improve their own science or math lessons.
- Develops a “grow your own” system of teacher development from the community
- Increases the amount of students playing a vital role in the community
- The program includes a full year curriculum guide with supplemental resources such as presentations and assigned readings.
- Along with the curriculum is teacher training for the high school teacher and administrator.
- A program manager will work with each school site to assist in setting up the program, the development of high school approved credit, college and university articulation agreements, program evaluation, as well as the coordination of guest speakers and Future Educators Association events.
- The program is FREE for all teachers/school sites with the opportunity to generate some extra income as well!
- Additional training costs vary based on location, length of training, and number of teachers.
- Schools may qualify for free training, submit an application and find out if your school qualifies!
- We are currently offering free training for the first 5 schools who sign up for the 2013-14 school year!
- This class is set up as a “hands on” linked learning experience. Students learn and practice teaching theories and concepts in the classroom and have a chance to implement what they learned by teaching full class instruction at elementary schools. It is the practical experience that allows the students to learn the most about the teaching profession.
- There are many reasons for students to take the class. Many students take the class to explore teaching as a career and to gain experience working with children.
- Some students take the class In order to develop professional skills such as leadership, teamwork, time management, presentation, and public speaking.
To learn more and/or to have your school considered for participation, please contact: Nate Moser, Program Manager, at email@example.com or 949 609-4660 ext 16.
Recently, an article in GreenwichTime.com reported that high numbers of teachers are choosing to retire this year.